Being Green at ND
St. Michael’s Laundry embraces environmental health. Here are just a few examples of how we are doing our part in the green effort:
- the use of brown craft paper by 1,800 lbs./year.
- water usage by more than 30,000 gallons/week or 1,560,000 gallons/year.
- the need for additional energy by offsetting wash water temperatures by 45° using a heat loss recovery system.
- approximately 67,000 metal hangers returned by customers annually.
- worn bath and table linens to make aprons and hot pads for departments.
- 6,000 lbs. of hamper linens and poly garment bags annually.
- 4,500 lbs. of office and production paper annually.
- purchasing only biodegradable nonphosphate detergent.
- using a golf cart instead of an 18’ truck for smaller, on-demand deliveries and pickups.